Koodo Community
Solved

Is 5188 a legit Koodo short code number?

• 7 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Got a text message from 5188 asking if I want to add more data to my plan by replying ADDONE, ADDTEN, ADD18 etc.

However, I’m cautious about replying since I don’t find this shortcode referenced online.

can someone confirm the legitimacy of this short code?

SMS received is as follows…

Koodo: Hey MY NAME, today is your lucky day! Until 12 April, 2023, you can add EXTREMELY affordable monthly bonus data to your account:

1GB of additional monthly data to your account for $1 per month: reply ADDONE

10GB of additional monthly data to your account for $2 per month, reply ADDTEN

18GB of additional monthly data to your account for $3 per month: reply ADD18

An offer this good will expire by 12 April, 2023, so act quickly.

You're included on the list for Koodo offers and deals. To be excluded, reply "unsubscribe" or visit https://koo.do/unsub

icon

Best answer by Average Joe 7 April 2023, 05:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They really do have a lot of shortcodes. The message has the proper format and wording. It looks legit. I see Koodo mentions examples, but not an exhaustive list. If you want, we can flag a rep to confirm but I'd say it's real.

Yes please, can never be too sure

It's legit. I received the exact same message. Added it and it reflected in my online account add-ons section immediately.

Can you remove it again at any time? Thinking I might just sign up for 18 GB this month

How do I get that sweet deal?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can remove any add-on anytime. It's not permanent, tho I wouldn't mind 18gb for 3 dollars being permanent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How do I get that sweet deal?

You normally need to receive the text offer to be able to use the core to add it.