Koodo Community
Question

incorrect rollover data applied to my account

• 9 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Received a text message indicating that 10240.0 MB were rolled over from the previous month, checking the usage on self serve, only 2931.0 MB were rolled over. I am on the 10gb monthly plan.

Anyone able to explain why this is happened?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It sounds like there was a glitch in the text message because if you have 20480MB to use next month and 10240MB were rolled over that would mean that you used absolutely no data last month.

When you look at your usage for last month, how much data does it say you used?

The bill shows 7.1 GB used in the last billing cycle

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The bill shows 7.1 GB used in the last billing cycle

2.9GB indeed sounds right then in what should’ve been rolled over and it must’ve just been a glitch in the text message.

If you happen to get a similar text next month let us know and one of us can flag a rep to see if they can fix the glitch on your account. Hopefully it’s just a one off though☺️

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Hrich You joined Koodo on March 3rd. You bill cycle is the closes around 6th of every month. That first bill from the 3-6 had no data usage hence the full 10gb being rolled over. So the text was correct, although I see now the data rolled over should be prorated and only a proration for the 3 days added to the next month. We’ll definitely let the team know about that.  The ~7gb data your are referring to is usage for the period of  around March 7th to April 8th.

I hope this helps shed light on things a bit more.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Koodo

To get this Roll over data benefit for each month, the Roll over data should be used first before you used your in-plan data.

Example:

"I have 10GB per month. I used 5 GB and 5GB rolled over. I will have 5 GB roll over plus 10GB in plan data = 15GB."

If I used 11GB ( 10FB of in plan + 1GB roll over), then I don't have any roll over for next month. Plus I will lose 4 GB roll over.

So it should be using my 5Gb roll over first, tand  use 6Gb of my in plan data. Then 4GB will roll over to next month.