Koodo Community
Question

Inaccurate Data locked/Trash customer service

• 5 August 2022
  • 5 replies

My data just locked at 4.3Gb. My plan is for 8Gb. Why? I just want to send an email to get my issue resolved, but instead i guess we'll air our dirty laundry here.

Koodo, your robot is useless. All of your customer support requires internet... I've had multiple issues with your trash data service, and guess what.... I can't get through to customer service if I have no F**king data. I'm not waiting 4hrs for a call back I can't even schedule without internet .

I've had no issues for years, so I don't want to leave, but you're working on strike 3.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you just change your plan recently?

Also, was the 4.3GB data limit showing up in selfserve or in your phone settings? 

Changed it a few weeks ago. From 5Gb + 3Gb in top ups to the 8Gb plan.  Hasn't been a billing period yet. But the only thing that changed should have been the price.

The limit is both self serve and the warning texts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you changed your plan in middle of a billing cycle, you can only have a partial amount of the data in the plan depending on how many days left in your billing cycle. More here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/proration

In the next billing cycle, you should have access to the total amount of the data in your new plan.

This would make sense if I was upgrading to more data. But I'm not. I went from 8Gb(5+3) to 8Gb. At no point was I ever limited to 4370Mb.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This would make sense if I was upgrading to more data. But I'm not. I went from 8Gb(5+3) to 8Gb. At no point was I ever limited to 4370Mb.

It doesn't have anything to do with more or less data. As mentioned in the link, it was calculated based on how many days you had left in your billing cycle.
If you need further help, you could post your billing date and your plan change date. Someone might help you with the number proration.