Koodo Community
Question

I told Koodo I wanted to use my old number but they gave me a new number? Help?

• 18 November 2022
  • 4 replies

My order for koodo service and a pixel phone was placed yesterday. Today I received my login details and the number “ 289-423-3828 “ this is not the number I want. I want my old number. My old number is still active with Rogers.

When I activate the Koodo sim,
*Will my old number port over to KOODO and replace 289-423-3828 ?
*Will my service with Rogers terminate automatically at that point?

Thankyou. Only been with Koodo 24 hours and I already vehemently despise this company who is too lazy to offer free phone support and the automated assistant is broken and was programmed by a 7th grader. I deeply regret switching to Koodo.
Please help.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Rogers/Telus/Bell are the first tier companies, if you will. They own Fido/Koodo/Virgin as their second tier of companies. There seems to be some more online issues lately with koodo tho. We're able to assist you here though, and there's other options if not us. Callback is also in option to speak with someone.

So the way à port works either way is you're assigned a random number until the port process is completed. Alternatively, you set up with another carrier, Koodo in this case, and once you're ready, in self-serve you opt to move your number and then the number will transfer over and cancel automatically with Rogers in your case. You'd have a final bill to pay with them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You handle the porting your self in self serve.

Just follow the article here

Rogers/Telus/Bell are the first tier companies, if you will. They own Fido/Koodo/Virgin as their second tier of companies. There seems to be some more online issues lately with koodo tho. We're able to assist you here though, and there's other options if not us. Callback is also in option to speak with someone.

So the way à port works either way is you're assigned a random number until the port process is completed. Alternatively, you set up with another carrier, Koodo in this case, and once you're ready, in self-serve you opt to move your number and then the number will transfer over and cancel automatically with Rogers in your case. You'd have a final bill to pay with them.

Goran thank you for that information. It was very helpful.
Ya I knew Koodo was a second tier company and I considered signing up with Telus but Koodo was cheaper so I voted with my wallet. Already regretting it. The chat bot doesn’t understand basic English sentences. It’s impossible to direct-dial a support person on the phone. Koodo’s messaging is also just wacky. I have gotten 7 koodo emails with fragmented and drip-fed information since yesterday. Seriously Koodo? You can’t just send one email? Also none of the communications I’ve received from Koodo are professionally worded and I feel like I’m getting messages from my 20 year old nephew. Just so disappointed at this point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is there anything we can help you with Ziggy? If you need help with anything else, we’re here to help you out.