Koodo Community
Question

I have one account with 4 lines. I would like to be able to share data amongst those lines.

• 4 January 2023
  • 8 replies

I have one account with 4 lines. I would like to be able to share data amongst those lines.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 1

You will have to switch to Telus to share data between lines

“have to”?, why is that exactly? & would that mean that I would then have to pay more than what I already pay?

Userlevel 1

Koodo does not share data or calls from one “line” to the other in an account. If you are all on the same account you can call between them for free, or at least you used to. Since most plans now have unlimited Canada calling that isn’t a thing I look at with my account

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Eric is correct. Koodo currently does not offer data sharing among lines in the same account. 

Yes. Unlimited Canada calling is almost standard now across almost all the service providers in our country. I’m just curious as to why the feature to share and/or allocate data in a family plan is not available with Koodo and one would “have to” switch over to Telus. I’m also curious if doing such a switch would lead to a higher bill?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hard to say. At the time I think it was a way to differentiate between the big 3 (RoBellus) and the little 3 (KooFigin - ok I made this one up).

If koodo offered family plans the concern was that they would be stealing customers from themselves from Telus. When the objective is to move customer up from Public to Koodo to Telus to make more money.

LoL.

Interesting. As an entrepreneur, I would argue, that money is actually earned (via offering flexible and variety of choices, quality and service levels) rather than dilemmas. If what you mentioned is their approach, instead. Then that pretty much looks like the exact way to loose customers (or have them stolen by competitors). By making them feel forced or feel they “have-to”. That being said, if that is the case, they would most certainly loose my business, in good time, and I would wish them luck in earning it back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Flexibility and variety would occur if there was competition instead of an oligopoly.  The issue is Telus owns Koodo and Public mobile, Rogers owns Fido and Chatr, and Bell owns Virgin and Lucky.  It wouldnt make sense for Telus/Rogers/Bell to offer family plans and then have Koodo/Fido/Virgin offer cheaper family plans.