Koodo Community
Question

How do I talk to a human being to cancel a number port?

• 15 May 2023
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to transfer my accounts to Public Mobile to get the 15GB for $40 plan. My first number ported fine but my second one failed.

I’m speaking to a human with Public that’s telling me I need to have Koodo cancel that failed number port attempt, so they can start a new port.

How do I get a human being at Koodo to cancel that failed number port?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can schedule a callback through the automated assistant.

Link: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help

Ok I did that and the earliest available is Tuesday. 3 days  to request a simple operation seems pretty silly.

Is there no better way, to make an operation request to a human being? At least on public mobile I’ve been able to get in touch with someone.

It used to be so fast and easy to get an issue resolved with koodo. This is a shame.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Really? I can schedule one for tomorrow afternoon.

Really? I can schedule one for tomorrow afternoon.

Hahaha, well that doesn’t help me much. Mine’s still giving me Tuesday. It actually annoys me even more now, knowing that other people are being offered callbacks tomorrow and I’m being given Tuesday.

I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe it’s because I’m being directed to a different department. But who knows.

Anyway, judging by these responses, i’m guessing that there is indeed no way of making a simple request to a human being at koodo. No calls? No chat?  no private message? nothing?

What a shame, Koodo used to have some of the best phone support I’d ever encountered. I almost never needed it, but when I did, it was stellar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can try dialing the porting dept directly during business hours tomorrow at 1-844-232-7678.

If that doesn’t work you’ll have to wait for that callback unfortunately.