Koodo Community
Question

How do I get on the new $39 20 GB plan

How do I get on this plan as an existing Koodo customer?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Its only available for new activations or hardware upgrades so you’d have to get a new phone.

Userlevel 3

Just the answer I wanted to read. Time to port my number to Fido and get the $39 deal including 20GB 4G service. Forget you Koodo!!!

Userlevel 3

News Flash: just ported our other service to Fido... and we got to talk with a human being instead of a Bot!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We are human here too.

And Fido is doing the same thing. The $39 plan is for new activations of existing customers who upgrade 

So is the only way to get the plan to switch to Fido? That’s too bad, I guess I’ll do that today. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So is the only way to get the plan to switch to Fido? That’s too bad, I guess I’ll do that today. 

You can also upgrade your device to get the plan for existing customers. One great way is to add the moto g power for $1/month. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/phones/moto-g-power-2022

If I want to change my current rate plan to the 20GB for $39/month and I do purchase the Moto G Power phone for $1/month, does that mean that I need to use it? Or can I “upgrade” my phone but continue to use my old one?

Userlevel 3

We are human here too.

And Fido is doing the same thing. The $39 plan is for new activations of existing customers who upgrade 

Good morning Dennis,

Any time I try calling Koodo directly from my Koodo serviced phone, I get a Bot that directs me to a chat page (like this one).  When Koodo offers a $39 deal only to new clients and people upgrading equipment (discrimination?), it helps existing clients realize that CHANGING CELL PROVIDER is the only way to GET THOS TYPE OF DEAL.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If I want to change my current rate plan to the 20GB for $39/month and I do purchase the Moto G Power phone for $1/month, does that mean that I need to use it? Or can I “upgrade” my phone but continue to use my old one?

No need to use it right away. You can choose to sell it or give it to someone else, as long as you continue to pay off the Tab for the next 24 months. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We are human here too.

Good morning Dennis,

Any time I try calling Koodo directly from my Koodo serviced phone, I get a Bot that directs me to a chat page (like this one).  When Koodo offers a $39 deal only to new clients and people upgrading equipment (discrimination?), it helps existing clients realize that CHANGING CELL PROVIDER is the only way to GET THOS TYPE OF DEAL.  

Changing providers is definitely an option.  Yes it is a form of discrimination, but an acceptable one (just like credit checks)