Koodo Community
Question

Germany Roaming Unavailable

• 22 August 2023
  • 5 replies

I am once again traveling and though I had problems in Egypt, I also have problems in Germany as well - Egypt did not provide coverage, neither did Saudi Arabia and neither does Germany which is unbelievable to me for a Canadian telecom company. I am in Frankfurt and major cities and though I have turned on roaming for 3 isolated days charged at $16 per day, I have yet to receive data cellular coverage if not on wifi.

This service is really subpar. I don’t understand why it does not work in a country like Germany especially when I need to be available for work.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@paulina25 Having jus returned from Europe (Munich, Berlin, Zurich, London) roaming service worked great. Please bear in mind no Canadian companies own network outside of Canada. Service will be dependent on local ‘host’ coverage. What also could contribute to the quality of roaming is the age and sometimes the type of phone. We looked at your account and there doesn’t seem to be anything that would stop you from using roaming. Sometimes restarting the device helps with the connections. Have you tried that?

Thanks. Yes, I have restarted my phone many times to no avail - every time I desperately need it to work or to find directions, it always fails me.

cleardot.gif

You can check your phone specs easily here (shown for iPhone 11): https://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_11-9848.php  Search at the top. Pick the right ‘version’ of your phone. Expand the “Network” section.

I’ve heard that one of the many internal antennae can get broken (from being dropped), thereby disabling it on some frequency bands.

I too am in Germany with an iPhone 12 and I haven’t had any coverage. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I too am in Germany with an iPhone 12 and I haven’t had any coverage. 

Did you choose one of the partner networks that are compatible with Koodo? You can click here to see the list.