Koodo Community
Question

Family or shared plan

• 4 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Confused over “add a line” and/or “share an account” when looking a plan add-ons. Trying to find out if I can add my wifes phone and number to my account and how much extra it would cost per month. Ideally we would like to share minutes and data as she seldom uses her phone and I have more than what I need. Not sue if this scenario is possible with Koodo and if so what pan or add-on is it called.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There is no family shared plan with koodo.

Each person/ line has its own number and plan.

If you want to add your wife under your account, she will have her own number and plan. 

What is her usage like? If she doesn't use to much if data, then it might be better she opens a prepaid account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@birty You can certainly add you wife to your account. It would be another line. Cost would depend on the plan you pick. We don’t have minute or dat sharing plans. But if you look at our plan selection I’m pretty sure you find one that is suitable for the minimal use.

Ok I’m a little confused as to how to add my wife’s phone. Do I do it thru “add a line” or do I sign her up as a new customer? She has her own phone, she has a phone # (would she keep same number) and sim card. She only needs the $15 starter plan as she very seldom makes outgoing calls, uses text messaging for any calls and never uses data.  Which is the best way to go?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@birty Add-a-line is the best for simplicity.  Easier to manage to lines that way. Indeed pls follow the step, after logging in, to add a line to the account.