Koodo Community
Question

Easyroam and an account with multiple phones

My wife and I will be travelling out of the country soon. We have our phones on the same account, but obviously have individualized plans. What I want to know is if we will both have to add Easyroam for $16/day  or if we add it to the account and may both use it.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It would be per line, so could definitely add up in your case. See also https://www.koodomobile.com/en/easyroam

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@NThomson All of your lines on your account already have Easy Roam access. Did you know that? As you may already know the service only gets triggered (the daily charge) upon usage, whether data, text or calls. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Something my wife and I did when traveling was that only 1 of us roamed and hotspotted data to the other as a way to control costs.  I also think it was my wife’s strategy to keep me close by so I dont wander off :p

Also here are some article about how easy roam works and some tips.  Please make sure you review them so you dont get any unexpected surprises.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

With EasyRoam, calling each other will cost 2 x $16 per day!!!

For extended use: If you must preserve the use of your Koodo number, choose one phone (A), enable call forwarding to the other (B) and remove the (A) SIM before leaving. Phone (B) will now receive calls placed to A and B, but only texts sent to B.

Purchase a local prepaid SIM for (A) and use that plan locally. Easy Roam will cover all calls to local numbers and back to Canada.