Koodo Community
Question

Easy Roam and Calling in another country

• 10 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Greetings, I have a question regarding easy roam that the website is not completely clear on. If I have a plan that gives unlimited calls within Canada, unlimited texting, and I have added Easy Roam prior to leaving. When I arrive in the USA will I be able to call friends on their American phone numbers or will I be charged long distance? Does this also extend to text messages?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

With easy roam enabled, you can use your plan as normal, but also can call numbers of the country you're in. This means in the US, you can call and receive calls from both Canadian and American numbers. There are some exceptions for numbers and theyre the following :

“Calls to Sanger, California (559-726-XXXX) Carroll, Iowa (712-775-XXXX) Lake Park, Iowa (712-432-XXXX) Oglala, South Dakota (605-562-XXXX) Redfield, South Dakota (605-475-XXXX) are subject to the standard roaming pay-per-use rate. Easy Roam does not cover calling North American Toll Free Exchanges (1-800, 844, 855, 866, 877, and 888) from outside of North America. These numbers are charged the roaming pay-per-use overage rate. “

Beside those, youre good to go.

You can always receive texts for free anywhere in the world you're in. But easy Roma will jcik in when you send a text to any number. It doesn't have to be American or Canadian.

More info can be found here:

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/easyroam