Skip to main content
Solved

Does a plan change while on contract void or change the terms of my contract?

• 23 June 2024
  • 6 replies

I signed a 2-year contract with a new rate plan and new phone. Koodo is offering me a better plan in my self-serve that I’m interested in switching to. My current rate plan is locked in for 2 years because of the contract. If I change my plan in self-serve, does that void my existing 2-year contract such that I’m subject to price increases on the new plan?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sapphire 

Do you see the plan listed when you follow the steps here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/changing-your-rate-plan?

Hi @Flo Koodo 

Yes, the new plan offer is in my self-serve account under mobile services.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks!

If you see the plan and it let’s you switch to it, then this shouldn't affect your current agreement.

You are still able to change your plan during the 2 year agreement to an eligible plan (the new plan must be eligible with the tab you chose).

What’s the plan that you see listed?

Thanks!

If you see the plan and it let’s you switch to it, then this shouldn't affect your current agreement.

You are still able to change your plan during the 2 year agreement to an eligible plan (the new plan must be eligible with the tab you chose).

What’s the plan that you see listed?

The plan I signed for and is on my 2-year service agreement is the $34 for 50 GB 4G plan. The plan I’m offered in my self-serve is the $30 for 60GB plan. What I’m asking is if I will have the $30 price locked in as well for 2 years or if Koodo is permitted to raise the $30 plan price during the 2 years?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Got it! 

We have checked and the $30 60GB plan is eligible only with tab basic. In this case, switching to an ineligible plan while on tab, would trigger the tab bonus and tab charges, more info here 

Regarding the possibility of a price increase, please refer to our Koodo Service Terms

Thank you for clarifying, Flo!