Koodo Community
Solved

do i have to run on roaming to use this part of my plan?

• 29 December 2023
  • 3 replies

My plan says this:

• 100 GB of Shock-Free™ data roaming at 5G speeds and unlimited calling & texting within US and Canada
  • Canada-US roaming with data, talk and texts

My question is. When I am in the states do I have to turn roaming on my phone on to make this work? Or will my data just work with roaming off while I'm down there?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Goran 29 December 2023, 18:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You’ll have to have roaming on, as you are no longer on your home network. You won’t be charged extra, as this will be included with your plan.

If you have the Canada US talk text and data plan for $60 mo, pls describe your experience.  Did you set data roaming to ON and wifi enabled? Nothing else to set? No extra charges when you returned to Canada?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have the Canada US talk text and data plan for $60 mo, pls describe your experience.  Did you set data roaming to ON and wifi enabled? Nothing else to set? No extra charges when you returned to Canada?

Data roaming on, wifi at a few places where it was half decent but with 100GB didn’t need to worry too much about having it on, no extra charges.

Was caught off guard seeing an E at the top of my phone when I connected to an edge network but it only lasted a few seconds and got a good laugh out of it.

Worked as good as I wanted it to!