Koodo Community
Question

Difference between Tab Basic, Tab Mid and Tab Plus?

• 29 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

I am writing to make some clarifications about the 3 types of Tabs as mentioned in the title. I have not found any comparison being made between these 3 types. The Koodo website doesn’t have any information either.

I intend to sign up for a $0 upfront tablet plan, with $15/month for 4 GB data. They ask which Tab I want to choose. The monthly fees for the Basic, Mid and Plus are $10, $15 and $33 respectively.

Firstly, if I choose the Basic plan, does it mean I pay $15 (4GB data) + $10 (tablet) per month = $25/month?

Secondly, with the difference in monthly Tab fees, does it simply mean I pay off the tablet quicker with Tab Plus as compared to Tab Basic? In other words, if the tablet is worth $305, it means Tab Plus takes 305/33 = 9.2 months to pay off, and Tab Basic takes 305/10 = 30.5 months?

But doesn’t the tablet plan state that you pay up to 24 months only? Why does it exceed to 30+ months for Tab Basic?

Lastly, does the tablet plan have a contract or can it be terminated at any time without any penalty?

I look forward to your responses. Thank you all.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So the different tabs are just the different amounts you can borrow up to. Basic (up to $10/m), Mid (up to $15/m), Plus (up to $33/m).

As you can see in this example below tab plus and tab mid are the exact same thing, where in tab basic, the cost would be $10/month and $24 upfront.

If Tab Plus and Tab Mid are the same thing , what is the benefit of choosing one over the other? 

Looking at certified pre-owned options.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If Tab Plus and Tab Mid are the same thing , what is the benefit of choosing one over the other? 

Looking at certified pre-owned options.  

There used to be a benefit when it came to what plan you chose but at the current moment there is none. Just will increase the upfront cost on more expensive phones if you prefer to pay that way.