Koodo Community
Question

Data plans not in sync with those i know. Being overcharged.

I know of people spending 45$ a month or less with an approximate 40-55GB data plan.

I would like said offers to be sent to my koodo account for reviewing and options offered.

It is non cohesive that you offer certain members a 45$ / month fee with a 50GB data plan while i pay roughly the same price for an approximate 10GB of data per month.

thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you log into your self serve and see what plan options you have?

Look for the purple star to see if you have any personalized offers

The only purple star details i see when clicking said link through my portal offers me new phones.

Nothing about offering my current data plan a similar data download than others have been offered.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

$45,  50GB was like BF deal for new customers or existing customer with phone upgrade.

I don't see any good promotion right now unfortunately... Keep eye on the any promotions happening. Otherwise they are less likely just give you those deals to anyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I know of people spending 45$ a month or less with an approximate 40-55GB data plan.

I would like said offers to be sent to my koodo account for reviewing and options offered.

It is non cohesive that you offer certain members a 45$ / month fee with a 50GB data plan while i pay roughly the same price for an approximate 10GB of data per month.

thank you.

Those promotions are only available for a limited time. I would suggest you to wait for Black Friday or Boxing Day for the best deals. Occasionally, you may see flash deals on the Koodo page. 

thank you.

Those promotions are only available for a limited time. I would suggest you to wait for Black Friday or Boxing Day for the best deals. Occasionally, you may see flash deals on the Koodo page. 

this is my current plan:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For those you know getting  45$ a month or less with an approximate 40-55GB data plan, did they tell you when and how they got those plans?

For those you know getting  45$ a month or less with an approximate 40-55GB data plan, did they tell you when and how they got those plans?

Negative, i would have to go back and check, many reddit posts concerning others being given certain details which far outweigh my plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Negative, i would have to go back and check, many reddit posts concerning others being given certain details which far outweigh my plan.

Yes Please go back and check.  Even check with your fellow redditors. 

It is not like Koodo is withholding specific plans of 45$ a month or less with an approximate 40-55GB data plan.  Yes sometimes there are personal offers or add-on offers, but those are not how the majority have gotten these plans.  Most are likely to have switched, upgraded, or signed-up during promotional sales that happen during Black Friday or Boxing day that MilkyWay has mentioned.  If you missed the sale, then I mean you missed the sale unfortunately. 

Yes Please go back and check.  Even check with your fellow redditors. 

It is not like Koodo is withholding specific plans of 45$ a month or less with an approximate 40-55GB data plan.  Yes sometimes there are personal offers or add-on offers, but those are not how the majority have gotten these plans.  Most are likely to have switched, upgraded, or signed-up during promotional sales that happen during Black Friday or Boxing day that MilkyWay has mentioned.  If you missed the sale, then I mean you missed the sale unfortunately. 

Understood, I await a better plan offer in my Koodo portal, offered not asked for.

I’ll make a decision to change or not change cell carrier in a month or two.

thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would also advise that the best time to change providers would be on black friday.  So if you do change providers before then, try not to upgrade your phone just yet, so you have more flexibility to switch or upgrade or change your plan to something better next black friday.

I would also advise that the best time to change providers would be on black friday.  So if you do change providers before then, try not to upgrade your phone just yet, so you have more flexibility to switch or upgrade or change your plan to something better next black friday.

Understood, and thank you for the heads up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you don’t currently have a tab, and are ok with prepaid options, you can always go with Public Mobile now where they ahve 15gb for 40 dollars. Then you can switch again during Black Friday or Boxing Day for something else. It’s also owned by Telus so you’d still be on the same network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

this is my current plan:

I would also suggest you to check your local big-box retailer or authorized dealer occasionally for promotions. Sometimes they would show up for a limited time, which provide a greater amount of data for a cheaper price.