Koodo Community
Question

data changes

• 21 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I recently switched from 4g to 5g data plan. I went into my mobile network settings and it's showing as 5g, but when I got this phone, a Samsung S22 ultra,  5g wasn't available with koodo,  it is now, but I think my sim card is showing as 4g, how do I get that to 5g? When I in my home, my data is slow, and on 4g but I had to run an errand, and I noticed my data went to 5g. So why not 5g at home.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

5G isn’t available everywhere yet so your phone will go back to 4G/LTE when 5G isn’t available.

You can refer to this coverage map to see where it is/isn’t available:
https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/network/coverage-map

Do keep in mind that there are a variety of environmental and other factors as well that could limit which network you can connect to as well.

I checked the coverage map, and 5g is definitely available in my area.  The weird thing is, in my apartment,  it's 4g, but I went to the front of my building  to wait for a food delivery,  and it went to 5g. I was maybe 20 feet from my apartment. Sometimes,  I have no data service in my apartment,  so I just go to wifi 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sometimes wireless signals do not travel well in buildings.  Similar to me getting almost no signal inside IKEA.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate the assistance