Koodo Community
Solved

Data Addon

• 2 December 2022
  • 6 replies

I'm curious as to why Koodo Mobile doesn't offer data add ons like the other service providers I've been with? Why won't they allow their customers to just buy 1gb of data if that's what they prefer over a monthly commitment?

icon

Best answer by Goran 2 December 2022, 20:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can get that with prepaid. Postpaid is a bit of a different story. There are smaller data add-on options but I don't think that's something for the pay per use data plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ruby711 You can get data add-ons of course. With our shock-free-data plan we send notification of your data usage. When you are close to your limit, you may get a variety of options to add more data. The below is just an example:

When you use up all you hade we pause your date and another option pops up to purchase more.  We believe this gives users greater control and flexibility. I hope this helps. 

That's not exactly what I meant. I was inquiring about a data add-on as opposed to an ongoing data plan. I know some other service providers I've been with offered small data options you could pay to have attached to your plan for a month. I don't see any such options available when I look through the Koodo Add-ons. I'm not using a data plan to start with so that may be why I don't have access to a data add-on, because Koodo is trying to promote an ongoing plan. 

That's not exactly what I meant. I was inquiring about a data add-on as opposed to an ongoing data plan. I know some other service providers I've been with offered small data options you could pay to have attached to your plan for a month. I don't see any such options available when I look through the Koodo Add-ons. I'm not using a data plan to start with so that may be why I don't have access to a data add-on, because Koodo is trying to promote an ongoing plan. 

You really should be on Prepaid. There is no point on being postpaid if you don't have data.

I still have a "tab" balance.

That makes sense.