Koodo Community
Solved

Conflicting Info: Do I need int'l roaming add-ons to use EasyRoam?

• 22 August 2023
  • 2 replies

At https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/easy-roam it says: “To access pay-per-use rates outside the U.S., you'll need to add the International Voice Roaming and International Data Roaming add-ons to your account if you want your phone to work abroad. If you're using Easy Roam while travelling abroad, you don't need to do this.”

BUT, as I manage my add-ons the description of the International Data Roaming add-on says: “Your Koodo phone needs this free feature to use data when roaming outside of Canada and the United States. Make sure it's on your account before you leave, even if you've added Easy Roam.”

Which one is correct?

icon

Best answer by Goran 22 August 2023, 15:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Both are correct. Enabling easy roam will also automatically enable the two roaming add-ons as part of the process. But it's still good to confirm it did get added. Sometimes it glitches and doesn't. So it's one of the first troubleshooting steps to check if the add-ons are enabled in your self-serve if you have any issues with roaming

Thanks Goran! That makes sense.

Small quibble: I’ll propose that the first one is not quite correct and should read: ” If you're using Easy Roam while travelling abroad, you shouldn’t need to do this.”