Koodo Community

Changing Plans - Mines is unaffordable

• 5 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I spoke to a rep, who was very difficult to understand, so I’m not sure he understood my problem. I have a Galaxy S22. I am past the 30 days and can’t return it. I wanted to find out if there were any other plans that were available for me that I could downgrade to. I don’t use anywhere the data available to me. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I don’t want to walk away from the phone, I just want to be able to change the plan, change the phone - anything to make it all less expensive and still honour my commitment. 

Would I be better off going to a kiosk or trying again to speak to a representative?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi,

I spoke to a rep, who was very difficult to understand, so I’m not sure he understood my problem. I have a Galaxy S22. I am past the 30 days and can’t return it. I wanted to find out if there were any other plans that were available for me that I could downgrade to. I don’t use anywhere the data available to me. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I don’t want to walk away from the phone, I just want to be able to change the plan, change the phone - anything to make it all less expensive and still honour my commitment. 

Would I be better off going to a kiosk or trying again to speak to a representative?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You can change your plan. However, you will have to pay off the remaining Tab and Tab Bonus balance. Since you have started your Tab not too long ago, this could mean you will end up paying a lot more than keeping your current plan. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/everything-you-need-to-know-about-tab

So, you’re saying there are no other plans that I could take advantage of? No way that someone from Koodo could work with me to create a plan that would meet the amount of data that I use, meet the tab balance/tab bonus balance that I have, and help me pay less. There’s no flexibility? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, you’re saying there are no other plans that I could take advantage of? No way that someone from Koodo could work with me to create a plan that would meet the amount of data that I use, meet the tab balance/tab bonus balance that I have, and help me pay less. There’s no flexibility? 

Which plan were you on actually and what you are looking for?

when you signed up for the phone, the contract is for 24 months. If you had a Tab (Med/Plus), you can only choose a plan $60 or above https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone