Koodo Community
Question

Changed plan and lost discount.

• 28 November 2023
  • 4 replies

• Connector
  • 4 replies

Hello. I am so confused with all the options and technicalities. It is like solving a puzzle trying to change your plans. I didn't realize I could keep my $20 per month discount if I changed rate plan to one with the same cost as my current one. I chose a cheaper plan ($45/month) when I could have picked the Can-US $65 per month plan at the same price with discount. 

Mod is there anyway you can assist me with making that switch please. I would have chosen that if I had known the “trick”  about picking a plan with the same cost to keep the discount. 

Any help is appreciated.  

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you make this plan change?  When I tried to change my plans recently I do see this warning on the plan change page

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@SSJ It isn’t “trickery” at all. 😀 In addition to what Dennis above shared our FAQ about rate plan changes also mentions the details.  If credits stayed when people switch plans down some would either pay nothing or worse we would actually “pay’ them (accumulate credit). 

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I'm not saying it is trickery. I'm just saying it's tricky navigating as there is no where that it says your discount remains of you change to a plan that has the same cost or more cost than the one you are changing from. I found that info in the forums afterwards by chance. 

For my example, I would have just changed to the $65 can-us plan and paid the same I am now with my new plan had I kept the discount. That is all I am asking for assistance with. Is there anyway I can reverse that and switch to the can-us $65 plan. Not sure if that is even doable but thought I would throw it out there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

let me flag a rep for you