Koodo Community
Solved

Canada-USA Roaming plan and tethering

I’m thinking about changing my plan to the  “Canada-USA roaming with data, talk and texts.”   However, I’ve been unable to determine whether or not there are any restrictions on tethering with this plan (and the AI Chatbot was decidedly unhelpful).  Does anyone have insight into this?

Thanks much.

icon

Best answer by Oliver C 5 May 2024, 21:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

hot spotting your phone for other devices to connect to is actually not dependent on your plan so it won’t be affected by the CAN/US option. For some more information on this feel free to check out this link https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/personal-hotspot

tbh though I would switch to it as it would save you roaming fees of $14 per day if you normally go to the USA. I hope this helps 🙂👍

Thanks for the link… that’s helpful.   I thought that it was a phone issue and not a plan issue.  However, while comparing competitor plans, noticed one that specified a limit of 5GB on tethering.  Not sure how that would be done, but there it was.

I live near the US border an pop down frequently, so the Canada-US plan will save lots over the $14/day Easy Roam.

Thanks again, Oliver.

R.