Koodo Community
Solved

CAN-US data

• 16 November 2023
  • 7 replies

I’ve seen a number of posts regarding new plans saying “ 100 GB of CAN-US Shock-Free™ data ...”. It looks like the wording on the new available plans have changed to say:

100 GB of Shock-Free™ data roaming at 5G speeds and unlimited calling & texting within U.S. and Canada.“

and that there are no plans anymore that say specifically say “CAN-US” for data. Does the above plan with the new wording still include free data usage in both CAN and USA?

Here is a screenshot of the plan:

icon

Best answer by Flo Koodo 16 November 2023, 17:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m pretty sure that you can use your plan as if you were in Canada (with the exception of the perks, from what I understand, they only work from Canada such as the unlimited calling feature).

Since there seems to be some confusion about this, let me flag a rep to confirm or deny :)

I would greatly appreciate it :)

I’m pretty sure that you can use your plan as if you were in Canada

@Sophia So just to confirm my understanding of what you meant, with the plan I screenshotted the 100GB of shock-free data, unlimited calling, and unlimited texting can be used in both Canada and the USA with no additional charge, correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That’s my understanding, however an official Koodo rep will provide some definitive answer any time now ^_^

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tedyknight 

As @Sophia  confirmed, the Canada-US plan covers usage made in Canada and US for data (100Gb), unlimited calling and texting.

As for the Unlimited Long Distance Pack perk, this should cover calls made from Canada to the included countries. We will double check this one and reply back once we have a confirmation,

EDIT: The Unlimited Long Distance Pack perk as, @Sophia mentioned, covers only the calls made from Canada.

Awesome - thanks a ton for confirming and for the help! I was more worried about the data usage than the long distance perk. :D

I’m pretty sure that you can use your plan as if you were in Canada (with the exception of the perks, from what I understand, they only work from Canada such as the unlimited calling feature).

Since there seems to be some confusion about this, let me flag a rep to confirm or deny :)

If perks only work in Canada does this include the roll-over perk?

Eg:  If a person had 50G rolled over for a total of 150G when they traveled to the States would only 100G be available for use?