Koodo Community
Question

Can't select Plan

• 3 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I am trying to switch my rate plan from the 10GB 4G @ $37/mo to the 20GB 4G @ $37/mo, (Happy Day Deals) but am not seeing the 20GB deal in the plans available for me to choose from in self-serve.. 

How do I switch and get the deal?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mando 

The $39 20Gb plan that is advertised on the website can be selected when activating a new line, it is not available as a rate plan change, this is the reason why it doesn’t show up in the available plans list when you attempt to change your plan. 

Interesting. So existing customers can’t take advantage of that promotion? I brought my own phone to Koodo. There’s a way better deal with another carrier offering 30GB at 5G speeds with unlimited data at reduced speed for only $40/mo. I’m tempted to cut my losses and go there instead if I can’t get the deal at Koodo. I’m already setting up my profile with the other carrier now as their offer expires soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Interesting. So existing customers can’t take advantage of that promotion? I brought my own phone to Koodo. There’s a way better deal with another carrier offering 30GB at 5G speeds with unlimited data at reduced speed for only $40/mo. I’m tempted to cut my losses and go there instead if I can’t get the deal at Koodo. I’m already setting up my profile with the other carrier now as their offer expires soon.

$40 for 30GB at 5G is a good deal. Was the deal from Public Mobile?

in any case, I recommend you contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to look into it (by setting a call back or by chatting via Facebook/X (Twitter) messaging). If not, the deal from Public Mobile isn’t bad.

Right? It’s a great deal. I asked for a call-back from a rep 6 hours ago and heard nothing. I had just signed up with Koodo in July after 15 years with Telus Mobility and have only just completed one billing cycle. Looks like I won’t be staying long. All they had to do was give me the deal or respond and I wouldn’t have had to go looking elsewhere. Oh well….🤷