Koodo Community
Solved

Can't receive callback - it goes straight to voicemail

• 3 June 2023
  • 6 replies

My phone doesn’t register a call when Koodo callback phones me - it just goes straight to voicemail. This doesn’t happen with any other number, including other callback systems.

In another forum, I saw Fongo recommended but I am unable to access my account - I have one registered but it won’t let me sign in and when trying to reset the password, the email never went through (even after verifying the correct spelling).

Is there a number or email that I can use to connect with Koodo? Feels like a frustrating chase. Thanks for your advice.

icon

Best answer by Dennis 4 June 2023, 04:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My phone doesn’t register a call when Koodo callback phones me - it just goes straight to voicemail. This doesn’t happen with any other number, including other callback systems.

In another forum, I saw Fongo recommended but I am unable to access my account - I have one registered but it won’t let me sign in and when trying to reset the password, the email never went through (even after verifying the correct spelling).

Is there a number or email that I can use to connect with Koodo? Feels like a frustrating chase. Thanks for your advice.

What is the issue that you are experiencing? Perhaps we can help you here in the Community.

There is a phone plan currently on sale that I would like to switch over to but it is listed for new customers only, so I can’t use Self Serve to change to it. Having been with Koodo for several years, I was hoping to speak with someone to see if I could switch over to that plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the callback is going to voicemail then the most likely cause is that you may have blocked that number on you phone. Try to check to see if you blocked the Koodo number. 

Another option is that you can also schedule the callback to another Canadian phone number to see if it goes through. 

Oh my goodness you’re right - not sure how or when I did it but the number is blocked on my phone. 🤦🏼 Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Out of curiosity, when you scheduled your callback, did Koodo assist or the text message before the callback mention to check to ensure the koodo number is not blocked?  If not, then Koodo should definitely add that as Im sure you wouldnt be the first person this has happened to

It did! But I don’t remember ever having blocked any number before, and didn’t even know where to look for blocked numbers before I searched it up online 😄🤦🏼, so I assumed I hadn’t done it. Turns out I have a few other blocked numbers too but they were all spam ones 🤷🏼