Skip to main content

Call Fails UsS Canada Plans

• 17 June 2024
  • 1 reply

To pass on my recent US Canada Plan experience which was very frustrating. We were traveling in New Hampshire last week and we experienced call fails repeatedly with one of our plan phones and then both phones at times. The Koodo carrier most of the time was AT & T. We even went to the local AT & T store to see if there was a solution.There was not. Our local Canadian Kiosk store was not able to help.We did the 611 Koodo call and it was disastrous to get someone live to help or explain our problems.

The call service was intermittent at best and we were disappointed with the capabilities of our US Canada Plans and totally frustrated at our inability to get help

Novices like us beware it was not fun Food for thought

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@hightides Thank you for sharing your experience! Certainly not something we would have expected. I’m genuinely disappointed our local store reps were unable to explain or suggest some solution that could have have possibly helped.  Unfortunately no Canadian carrier has any control over the quality of US networks. The moment you leave Canada (with any provider) we are at the mercy of other other countries’ coverage and quality within their territories.  I have experienced some of what you are describing when travelling in the US, especially non-urban areas.  Each provider in the US have coverages that are better or worse in selected areas. One possible solution is to manually select a different one on your phone (Cellular → Network Selection) and lock them in if they have good reception. Of course this may have to be repeated as travel around, but I personally found this to be helpful.  Please accept our sincerest apologies if didn’t provide you with the above explanation.