Koodo Community
Question

Auto charged for Streaming Service and bill not corrected

• 21 December 2022
  • 1 reply

I received messages from koodo about streaming - I sent an email to koodo asking if this was spam as I don’t stream anything - no response - next thing I know I’m being charged for streaming, an extra $50 on my bill!!   I scheduled a call back as Koodo does not recognize easy Customer Service as important.  I spoke to the gentleman asking how this happened.  His response was to walk me through removing this from my managed add-ons which I did.  I told him I sent a message earlier indicating my spam concern - he put me on hold, came back and said he wasn’t sure how it happened.  I said I would not be paying anything for any streaming….but of course, my account was never adjusted.  Now I have to schedule yet another call back to fight the extra cost charged to may account.  Is this how Koodo conducts business?  

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Normally email from Koodo is a one-way communication. You couldn't expect someone to answer the replied email.

Regarding the stream plus. Their selfservice had a popup window asking you to subscribe to it every times you logged into selfserve. My best guess is you (or someone had access to your selfserve) accidentally clicked on the button subscribe sometimes in the past and that was why.

Anyway, bill dispute could only be done by contacting Koodo directly. I recommend you contact them via Facebook/Twitter messaging (links at the bottom of this forum page).