Koodo Community
Solved

Am I losing my Add-On if i buy a phone on a tab?

• 27 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Currently have a $50 12gb plan with a $3 25gb add on.

I received a promotion where if I want a new phone Koodo will waive the rest of my tab. Went for a CPO iPhone 12 pro max on tab basic, which my plan was eligible for. However on the checkout screen it doesn't show my add-on anywhere.

Anyone know if I would be sacrificing my $3 25gb add on if I commit to this phone and tab? It's really unclear.

icon

Best answer by Robert T 27 April 2023, 21:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello Mitch,

Does it state anywhere that you will lose the add-on during the plan change? Do you change plans as part of the upgrade? 

This is all the deal says. Nothing about losing add one or anything

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you went ahead and tried upgrading? You’ll get more information as you progress through the process. 

I’ve gotten to the point where it says Pay Balance. This is what it’s showing me. No sign that the add on is there still and it sounds like I’m at the point where I’d be committing to purchasing it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you been prompted to switch plans or you need to pay balance before that? That’s where you should technically see what you’ll keep vs what you’ll lose. This is from Koodo’s website (ie. it’s tricky) : 

Follow the steps below to easily change your rate plan right in Self serve:

1. Log in to your Self Serve account.
  2. Select Self Serve at the top of the screen, and select Mobile services from the drop-down menu.
  3. Your current plan will be shown. To change it, select Change my plan and follow the steps.

Woohoo! You’ve changed your rate plan. We’ll send you a confirmation email.

Important reminder: When making the choice to change your plan, please carefully review the features that are included in your current plan and in the new plan to make sure you're clear about what you're gaining with the new plan and what you're potentially forgoing with the old one.

Note: If you change your rate plan, your existing data add-ons may fall off.

EDIT : just saw the picture. It looks like you’ll be keeping your plan. Therefore, you shouldn’t be lsoing any add-ons! 

Thanks! Just purchased and it looks like the add-on stayed

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mitchregis Yes, paid add-ons, with a few exceptions don’t drop on phone upgrades.