Koodo Community
Question

Adding a line and transferring a number

• 30 May 2023
  • 6 replies

I would like to add a line to an existing Koodo account; if I do this can I transfer an existing phone number to the new line? My partner has a phone number that I would like to transfer and have both of our phone under one account.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Absolutely!

I have the same question; good to know it can be done, but how? I can’t figure it out with self service...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Note that you can transfer an existing number to the new line, only if they existing number is not with Koodo (or koodo prepaid vs post paid)

So if my partner is a Koodo customer, and I am as well, I can’t add her to my account and cancel her account… is that correct? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So if my partner is a Koodo customer, and I am as well, I can’t add her to my account and cancel her account… is that correct? 

Can you start your own post?

and tell us what exactly you want to do.

We we’re telling OP that you can’t transfer your existing Koodo postpaid number onto new koodo postpaid line. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Garsch no, that isn’t possible - you even risk losing her number altogether. The proper way to add her to your account and merge the two is by transfer of ownership - see also https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/transfer-of-ownership-town