Koodo Community
Question

$40 for 20GB

• 17 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi all, did anyone sign up for the $39 plan recently that gives you 20GB?  I was wondering if someone can explain to me why I am given a second line with a different phone number since switching over.  Am I being charged for both lines?

Sorry meant to say $39 for 20GB.  $40 is what I had before I switched.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As an existing customer you needed to get a new phone in order to get that plan. You would place the order for the phone and during that process you would have access to switch to that plan.

It sounds like instead you activated an additional line?

Yeah so I got it figured out and it was a complete mess.  Koodo should have made it clear that this was not available for existing users that simply wanted to change their plan.  

I had logged in to self serve and the plan was available for me to add but then it got confusing when it gave me the option to transfer my number but also made me “add a line” which then made me pay for a new sim card.  I basically just followed the prompts without even thinking that they’re actually making me pay for two lines.  To me it made no sense that anyone would add a new line with this $39 plan but still be paying for their original line with whatever plan they had.  It’s the opposite of saving money.

Anyway, I called in to cancel that second line but they won’t refund the sim charge because it was already shipped.  The initial agent I spoke to was rude who basically didn’t care that I can just have this plan elsewhere but the guy he transferred me to in L&R was nicer and offered the promo plan to me anyway.  Lucky he did because I was literally on chat with Virgin ready to switch over.