Koodo Community
Question

2 cycles since I switched phone on black friday

• 13 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Since I have switched my phone on black friday I have 2 data cycles. As when i changed my phone my billing switched from 14th to 14th  to 1st to 1st. Thing is ,my cycle was not completed and i was charged for new cycle then. Which at that point is ok . where it is frustarting is that my connection gets blocked saying I have busted the data and when I look in setting I have used 3g out of 12th  from 1st to 1st.   I have been dealing with this for few months and could nt use my phone s internet for several days. Feels like I should nt have to pay for these days I could nt use the internet while being way under the limit.  Can someone get back to me and fix this.   Now today to top it off , i requested 1extra G for 25$ as it will not be charged ( or reimbursed) because of storm we had in montreal. I get the message I have purchased the 1G fro 25$ but still can’t go online.   Really hope I will not see this 25$ on my next bill. that would be plain insulting.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok sounds like 2 separate problems here.

Since I have switched my phone on black friday I have 2 data cycles. As when i changed my phone my billing switched from 14th to 14th  to 1st to 1st. Thing is ,my cycle was not completed and i was charged for new cycle then. Which at that point is ok . where it is frustarting is that my connection gets blocked saying I have busted the data and when I look in setting I have used 3g out of 12th  from 1st to 1st.   I have been dealing with this for few months and could nt use my phone s internet for several days. Feels like I should nt have to pay for these days I could nt use the internet while being way under the limit.  Can someone get back to me and fix this.   

This sounds like a setting within your phone.

Settings>Data Usage>Billing cycle and data warning

Set this to match your koodo billing cycle as your phone’s data usage app in settings does not know your Koodo billing cycle.

Now today to top it off , i requested 1extra G for 25$ as it will not be charged ( or reimbursed) because of storm we had in montreal. I get the message I have purchased the 1G fro 25$ but still can’t go online.   Really hope I will not see this 25$ on my next bill. that would be plain insulting.

Try restarting your phone after adding the extra data