Koodo Community
Solved

Will any new phone work with Koodo

• 12 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello.  I notice Koodo doesn’t have any Google Pixel phones available in their shop, and I was wondering if I buy a Pixel 6 this fall directly from Google, could I easily transfer the sim card from old to new phone and go about my merry way, or do I have to make sure the Pixel 6 works with this network?  I vaguely remember something about certain phones not working with certain carriers. 

Thanks for any info.

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 12 September 2021, 01:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As long as the phone supports the following frequencies it should work just fine:

Frequency bands & compatibility

Koodo uses the following frequency bands to provide our service:

4G LTE and LTE Advanced:

2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS)

1900 MHz

700 MHz

850 MHz

HSPA:

850 MHz and 1900 MHz (UMTS)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you buy it directly from Google Canada, it should work fine and fully compatible with Koodo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello.  I notice Koodo doesn’t have any Google Pixel phones available in their shop, and I was wondering if I buy a Pixel 6 this fall directly from Google, could I easily transfer the sim card from old to new phone and go about my merry way, or do I have to make sure the Pixel 6 works with this network?  I vaguely remember something about certain phones not working with certain carriers. 

Thanks for any info.

You are right that certain phones do not work with particular carriers, since they may not support the correct bands and frequencies or they may have regional restrictions that are not used in North America. However, it is unlikely the Google Pixel falls under this category.

Thank you very much for your responses.  :slight_smile: