Koodo Community
Question

wi fi calling after update

• 21 March 2023
  • 9 replies

I activated the lates update Android security patch Feb 1 and now my wifi calling will not activate. I get a security number and validation from my account but it will not complete service.

I have a Samsung s10 and it was working fine before the update. Has something in the update stopped wif i calling

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you said “wifi calling will not activate”, you meant there was an error when you activated it? or it didn’t turn on as it should? Have you tried to turn on Airplane mode but keeping wifi on to see if it can trigger wifi calling?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I activated the lates update Android security patch Feb 1 and now my wifi calling will not activate. I get a security number and validation from my account but it will not complete service.

I have a Samsung s10 and it was working fine before the update. Has something in the update stopped wif i calling

Did you try turning off wifi calling and back on? Is the VoLTE add-on showing up on your Self-Serve account? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077652/

I do all the things it asks for like update address  and get a verification. The last thing to do is it goes to requesting service and then times out and does not turn it on.

It worked fine before I downloaded and did the new security patch for the phone today

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I do all the things it asks for like update address  and get a verification. The last thing to do is it goes to requesting service and then times out and does not turn it on.

It worked fine before I downloaded and did the new security patch for the phone today

Did you try resetting your network settings to see if that helps?

It seems there is a security issue with some Samsung phones and wifi calling. My phone does not have the affected processor but T mobile with the security update seems to have cut all Samsung phone off of wifi calling. Samsung is to update t fix it but it seems their responce is to cut everyone off. I moved to Koodo to get wifi calling as the signal level is to low in my house so very disapointing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems there is a security issue with some Samsung phones and wifi calling. My phone does not have the affected processor but T mobile with the security update seems to have cut all Samsung phone off of wifi calling. Samsung is to update t fix it but it seems their responce is to cut everyone off. I moved to Koodo to get wifi calling as the signal level is to low in my house so very disapointing.

I read the blog post from Project Zero (Google). I have passed this information along to a rep.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Wayne Harms try scheduling a callback through Koodo Assist. A rep should be able to restore Wi-Fi Calling on your device.

Follow the on screen prompts. The quickest way to get to the “schedule a callback” prompt is to enter “schedule callback” (minus quotation marks). You may have to enter this phrase twice. 

Thanks. Telus had to unblock my phone and now it works

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks. Telus had to unblock my phone and now it works

Glad they were able to get Wi-Fi Calling working again Thanks for the update.