Koodo Community
Solved

Why am I roaming

• 29 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Got a new phone last night. Sitting in my home right now and says I'm roaming. Been in my home for 2 1/2 years and have never had this problem. Why is my new phone doing this?

icon

Best answer by Dennis 29 October 2021, 16:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you get a text that you are visiting the US? 

Do you live by the US border? 

Just popped up saying it was roaming. I was sitting on my couch and randomly happened. 

I am a 10 min drive away from a river near to US, but I am in Canada. I have never had roaming pop up.

I was able to talk to someone in customer service and changed some settings. But after other changes I now can't send texts or phone calls

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What changes were made? 

Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks, Network Operator <- then switched to Koodo

Next,

Phone, Settings, WiFi Calling <- Instructed to turn on wifi calling. When I did this is kept not working and kicking me out. Then would work, then stop working again. It is now currently working and finally letting me call and text.

Now I'm waiting for a call back. To figure out of any more issues, and if I'll be charged for roaming these past 2 1/2 hours

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks, Network Operator <- then switched to Koodo

Next,

Phone, Settings, WiFi Calling <- Instructed to turn on wifi calling. When I did this is kept not working and kicking me out. Then would work, then stop working again. It is now currently working and finally letting me call and text.

Now I'm waiting for a call back. To figure out of any more issues, and if I'll be charged for roaming these past 2 1/2 hours

The rep won't be able to do much about the roaming charge until your bill Is generated.

Switching your network to manual to Koodo is a great solution. Just note that restarting the phone may revert the setting back to automatic. 

Also make sure the data roaming setting on your phone is off. 

Yes, data roaming has been turned off as well. Looks like I am able to send texts and call my voicemail. But I can not receive phone calls. My wifi connection is currently on, as I was instructed to do so

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can restart your phone. Just make sure your change yuur network selection back to manual