Koodo Community
Solved

When purchasin SIM on store, will they ask me for my SIN?

• 2 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi

I’m a newcomer to Canada, so my card is still foreign, so I can’t buy on Koodo online.

So, I’ve got no Canadian card, and no SIN yet.

I want to know if I when buying my SIM on store, will I be asked for local credit card, or SIN number or any other document, I want to know to avoid lacking of such document when I go to the store.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 2 September 2021, 21:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you for the response.

So if I bring:

Foreign passport and foreign card. I cannot get the SIM, neither online, nor in store, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you for the response.

So if I bring:

Foreign passport and foreign card. I cannot get the SIM, neither online, nor in store, right?

That would be correct.

Do you happen to be a student with a study permit?

Hi

My wife is,

And I, as companion, have a work permit.

We’re willing to have SIN, and local credit card, but that will be in the next days :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So your wife being a student can apply under the International Student Program if she has a:

Valid Foreign Passport 
o Not expired and Passport photo matches the profile of the customer you are activating
Study Permit issued by Government of Canada 
o Not expired and name on Study Permit matches name on Foreign Passport

Under the International Student Program she isn't eligible to get a phone on the tab but can get services through Koodo if she is bringing her own phone.

Otherwise, and for you, you'll have to wait until you get your SIN number/Credit Card

Useful info, thank you so much.

Last question.

She’d be charged for the prepaid plan + the 50 CAD fee, right?

Thx.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Useful info, thank you so much.

Last question.

She’d be charged for the prepaid plan + the 50 CAD fee, right?

Thx.

For prepaid there is no connection fee. It's just the plan plus $10 for the sim card currently.😊