Koodo Community
Solved

When in Canada Not receiving text/sms from Spain

• 6 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello,

My Bank in Spain send me messages with One time password, and other Bank transactions details but I don’t receive text messages.

icon

Best answer by Barcelona 6 February 2022, 19:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

My Bank in Spain send me messages with One time password, and other Bank transactions details but I don’t receive text messages.

Are they sending it to you through a short code? They are only available if you are in Spain, so that may be why it isn’t working. Do they have a proper phone number to send you the text message? If not, can you have a trusted friend or family member currently in Spain where they can send you the one-time password if you list their number to send the password?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Barcelona You do not have Easy Roam along with International data on your account.  Please log into your account and add them.  Once you do you will be able to use your phone and the plan you have just like in Canada.  The daily fee is $14 for International locations. All the details are here:

https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam

@Barcelona You do not have Easy Roam along with International data on your account.  Please log into your account and add them.  Once you do you will be able to use your phone and the plan you have just like in Canada.  The daily fee is $14 for International locations. All the details are here:

https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam

I have Koodo Mobile. Why do I need to pay for Roaming for international for using the phone in Canada and only receiving text/SMS from outside Canada, in my case - Spain?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Barcelona My bad….misinterpreted your post. Thought you were in Spain. NVM.  

In that case you should have no problem receiving it. Your account is set up properly. Everything looks good. I have accounts in Europe and have no problems receiving these notifications.  So they work. 

Which leads me to believe @MilkyWay is on the right path, somehow the issue is with your bank or the info they have.  I can see your text messaging is working.  

Are they sending it to you through a short code? They are only available if you are in Spain, so that may be 

Hello,

Are they sending it to you through a short code? They are only available if you are in Spain, so that may be why it isn’t working. Do they have a proper phone number to send you the text message? If not, can you have a trusted friend or family member currently in Spain where they can send you the one-time password if you list their number to send the password?

Whats a short code?

They have given me a couple of numbers from which they send SMSes. One of them is a standard 9 digit phone number in spain while the other one is 6 digit number which is not a standard for a mobile or fixed line/landline number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Whats a short code?

They have given me a couple of numbers from which they send SMSes. One of them is a standard 9 digit phone number in spain while the other one is 6 digit number which is not a standard for a mobile or fixed line/landline number.

The short code is the 6-digit number you just mentioned. If they sent it to you from the standard number, you should be able to receive it. 

Hey I’m receiving it now thanks for your help :-)