Koodo Community
Solved

Voice mail message waiting.

• 15 November 2021
  • 6 replies

My voicemail; message waiting message will not reset. It constantly says that there's a new message, When there are none. Any

Suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Nezgar 15 November 2021, 06:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you use any other voice app such as Fongo or Google voice? Could be that's the app that tells you there is a voicemail. What number is it asking you to call?

I don't use any other app , such as you mentioned. My sister left a couple of drunk messages two weeks ago and somehow her number got flagged in the voicemail system. The only change I could make was to change her phone alert number to all 0's. Thank you for your advice.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4
  • Try leaving yourself a voicemail, so that it sends a “new” voicemail message waiting indicator…… and then dial in to delete it. It may clear it out.
  • try booting up your phone with no sim card, then shutdown, and boot up again with the sim card installed. This may trigger the network to update the message waiting indicator.
  • Try temporarily inserting someone elses SIM card, rebooting, then switch back to your own. I’ve personally done this on my own and it did the trick.
  • Lastly, if you request a callback from a rep via koodo assist to see if they can “reset” the indicator from the back end…

Good luck!

Thankyou.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone do you have?

Other options; try turning off notification badges, restart the phone and then re-enable badges. This may clear a stuck voicemail notification badge.

For iPhone: Settings > Notifications > scroll to Phone and turn Badges off and restart iPhone. Turn Badges back on.

For Android: Menu paths vary by manufacturer and Android version; tap the Phone icon > Settings > Voicemail > Notifications - enable/disable Notification dot. Disable Notification dot and restart phone. After the restart finishes, enable Notification dot.

If the voicemail notification badge continues to appear, schedule a callback for assistance using Koodo Assist or send a private message to to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or a DM via Twitter. 

https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or https://twitter.com/koodo 

Thank you for all of the advice.  I have tried most of what has been suggested. I will contact Koodo as my number commands are also not being detected. Thanks.