Koodo Community
Solved

turning on data

• 11 November 2021
  • 9 replies

Hi,

when I got my son his first cell I did not add data. Now I want to add it and I went online and thought I changed his account to allow data but it’s still not working. 
I have checked his settings and his data is turned on. 
can you help me!

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 11 November 2021, 02:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just to confirm, you successfully changed your son number to another plan that had more data? Did you receive an email confirmation from Koodo? Can you double check if you changed the plan for the correct number? I saw 1,2 reports in the forum where customer changed the wrong number in the same account.

Also, can you try to reset network settings of the phone? Hopefully a simple reset would help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you had a data block add on on the account you would also need to remove that separately, even if you switched to a plan that includes data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mandirush Timo guessed it right! Pls remove the data block from the account. Log in online,   go to manage my plan and add-on then click on “my add-ons”.

Just to confirm, you successfully changed your son number to another plan that had more data? Did you receive an email confirmation from Koodo? Can you double check if you changed the plan for the correct number? I saw 1,2 reports in the forum where customer changed the wrong number in the same account.

Also, can you try to reset network settings of the phone? Hopefully a simple reset would help.

If you had a data block add on on the account you would also need to remove that separately, even if you switched to a plan that includes data.

I followed the suggested steps and it doesn’t appear to be blocked. There was an option to add the data block but not to remove it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mandirush The screenshot you shared above is for the rateplan change you made. Can you pls go to the ‘manage add-on’ section take a screenshot and share it here? It would look something like the below with different add-ons. You should see data block on yours:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mandirush Hmmmm...very strange...in any case we removed it and an email was sent to confirm. Data should be operational now or very soon. 

THANK YOU!!