Koodo Community
Question

Transferring phone line account number error

• 1 December 2022
  • 5 replies

I am a new Koodo member and  I am trying to transfer my phone number from Telus to Koodo. I tried last night and today to transfer my number and it keeps telling me my account number is incorrect (which it isn’t). I also tried putting in the Device serial number (IMEI) and it still comes back with the same message 

“Heads up ! The account number you've entered is incorrect. Please try again”

Koodo assist is useless. 

Anyone who how to fix the issue or how to contact Koodo to speak to an actual person? 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

I had the same issue.  Was able to make it work by taking all dashes out of my account number - and putting the digits only.  

Good luck!

I have same issue transfer number. Cannot get on callback schedule. I am stacked with new SIM card and iPhone 11. Very bad customer service 

Did you figure this out?? Currently having same issue.

Did you figure this out?? Currently having same issue.

I wasn’t able to get it fixed online. I tried the Koodo assist again  first thing one morning (at like 9am) and it responded back with a phone number to call and what to do to speak to a rep. I spent about 30 min or so on hold before getting through to a rep who was able to help me out and he did the transfer while I was talking with him on the phone. 

I'm having the same issue. Correct account number entered, keep getting error message. I've a call scheduled but based on previous response in this thread, not keen on spending half an hour waiting :(