Koodo Community
Question

Transferring cell phone and plan but keeping the phone number

• 13 June 2023
  • 2 replies

• Organizer
  • 5 replies

I want to give my phone and plan to my son and get myself a new phone with a new plan but I want to keep my phone number. Is it possible? I explain: I have an old Samsung S9 with a cheap plan that only cost me 30$ and that is no longer available in the available monthly plans. I would like to give the S9 phone to my son, with the plan and get myself a newer phone with a better plan. But I want to keep my phone number. Hoping that the phone number doesn’t get transferred with the plan. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No that is not possible.

If you change your plan and it is no longer offered then the plan is lost.  If you give your plan to your son, then your number must go with it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I want to give my phone and plan to my son and get myself a new phone with a new plan but I want to keep my phone number. Is it possible? I explain: I have an old Samsung S9 with a cheap plan that only cost me 30$ and that is no longer available in the available monthly plans. I would like to give the S9 phone to my son, with the plan and get myself a newer phone with a better plan. But I want to keep my phone number. Hoping that the phone number doesn’t get transferred with the plan. 

Since it is a legacy plan that is no longer offered by Koodo, have you considered keeping it for yourself? You can always create a new account for your son and get a device on a Tab plan.