Koodo Community
Solved

Transferred number to Koodo, but Koodo temporary number still shows up on call

• 17 June 2023
  • 8 replies

I set up my account and transferred my number to Koodo 5 days ago. While transferring my number, I had a temporary number from Koodo for about a day. It took 2 attempts to transfer the number. 

However since then, some of my contacts see the number I transferred over and others still see the temporary Koodo number. 

What is going on?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Flo Koodo 21 June 2023, 16:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you rebooted your phone after the number port? It takes some time to propagate and power cycling the phone would speed that up a little.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I set up my account and transferred my number to Koodo 5 days ago. While transferring my number, I had a temporary number from Koodo for about a day. It took 2 attempts to transfer the number. 

However since then, some of my contacts see the number I transferred over and others still see the temporary Koodo number. 

What is going on?

Thank you.

It is possible that your port transfer was only partially completed. If you have already restarted your phone and it still shows the issue, you may want to contact the Koodo porting department at 1-844-232-7678.

Thank you, I have tried restarting a couple of times now and still have people who show the wrong number. I will give them a call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It may well direcxt you to make a callback. I presume at this point that the porting department number woulld consider your number has completed the  porting process, and in those cases, you won’t be able to connect to a rep.

Thanks, the system directed me to request a call back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ll flag a rep to see what they can look into then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tomr 

We have checked and can see that the number has been successfully ported over to Koodo.

If you are still experiencing the issue you described above, please schedule a call back so the tech support can further look into it. 

Thanks for your help. I was able to determine that the issue was the RCS Chats on my samsung phone. I had to turn off RCS and then turn it back on and it identified the correct number.