Koodo Community
Question

Text Messages

• 31 March 2023
  • 6 replies

I just switched over to Koodo and had my number ported over. However, I cannot receive any texts and if I send texts, the other person doesn’t receive it. I have restarted my phone too. How can I fix this? I have an iPhone. TIA!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you received the text from Koodo saying your number transfer was completed? How about incoming/outgoing calls?

Have you tried to restart the phone?

Calls and data is working. The port says completed but I haven’t received the text from Koodo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Calls and data is working. The port says completed but I haven’t received the text from Koodo. 

When did you port? I recommend you restart the phone every 2,3 hours to see if it works.

Also, if it was an iPhone, turn off imessage and turn it on again. 

I ported a few hours ago. I’ve been restarting often. I have turned off iMessage and back on again and it still “verifying” and waiting for activation.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I ported a few hours ago. I’ve been restarting often. I have turned off iMessage and back on again and it still “verifying” and waiting for activation.  

It is possible that the port transfer did not completely go through. I would suggest you to call the Koodo porting department at 1-844-232-7678 and see if they can look into it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you completed the port did you respond yes on your old sim for the port request?