Koodo Community
Question

Switched to koodo, got sim card but it says unregistered sim when inserted to my phone

• 2 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Went to a koodo store on Monday for Black Friday deal ($30 for 20gb), they got my existing phone number and gave me a sim card and told me that when the time my current sim card is not in use anymore, then it would be time to insert the koodo sim card. I tried to insert the koodo sim card yesterday and the sim card is not even registered. And my phone number is not even ported to koodo yet. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you provide some more details?
Were you already with Koodo? With a different company?
Did they say that they would port over your number for you or that you had to do that later?

Issue was solved now.

I was with Zoomer Wireless 😅 I ended up talking to another rep at Koodo store and he said the sim card is basically empty and no temporary number assigned. When he asked me for my account number and I told him I wasn’t even given anything except I paid for the sim card when I signed up with Koodo this Monday. The only way he could try was to calling the back office and talked to someone, and they tried to locate my account. I told him I received the refer-a-friend email and welcome SMS on Monday so my account should be there.  It took them about 30 mins to look for my account and finally they found it! But it is an account with no information saved inside……. so they had to re-enter everything and had my phone number ported to Koodo successfully...