Koodo Community
Solved

Support ending for my phone

• 11 October 2023
  • 10 replies

Yesterday I received a call from Koodo saying that my phone will not be compatible in the coming months and that I need to replace my current phone with a new one. My phone is a 4G LTE One Plus 7 Pro model

Is Koodo migrating to 5G only? 

Kindly advise!

icon

Best answer by Preet31 12 October 2023, 21:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo is not migrating to 5G only.

Koodo and Telus have not even sunset 3G yet, which is stated for after 2025.

What province are you in?  Did they say why your phone wont be compatible?

I am in British Columbia. The customer care representative told me that they are offering a new compatible phone with my current plan for free. I felt like its a fraud call but I was not sure. Anyways I cut the call after telling the representative to send me a text about this update and then I will look into it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Definitely sounds fishy to me.  I have heard nothing about phone compatibility issues with those being able to use the network right now in BC with their current phones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The Oneplus 7 has LTE. It will be many years longer before it becomes no longer usable. What was the number that called you? We could flag a rep to see if they can confirm you had a call out as well.

Okay so the number from which I received the call was +1-866-369-9826 and the customer care person’s name was Patricia.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've flagged a rep to confirm

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Preet31 

We have just checked and can confirm that it was a legit Koodo call from one of the sales rep agents.

Apologies for the misunderstanding, you should be able to continue using your phone on the 4G LTE network, we will forward feedback to our sales team.

Thank you for the information and quick revert!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Flo Koodo could it be because the OP7 is not on Koodo’s supported devices list for VoLTE?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@srlawren Indeed, Wifi calling is not guaranteed that it will work on One Plus 7, however, it will continue working on the 4G LTE network if it currently does.