Koodo Community
Question

Still Waiting For Answer to text - but image allowed.

In chronological Order

1. Signed up w/ Koodo. 
  2. Had 2 weeks od daily attempts to send pics w/ texts.
  3. Using Koodo, found  a way to get/send texts w/ pics.
  4. Koodo announced a change and options are,
    Use the new settings or if they don’t work then 
    buy a new phone from Koodo. Guess what, they don’t work. Nasty way of doing business.
  5. Used new settings, and was again, able to send/receive texts w/ pics.
  6. For no reason at all, settings no longer work. 

I have been paying monthly fess for a no half-baked service. That is, may only send receive texts but if has a image, ir goes to byte heaven and no tells the sender (me) or the recipient that there was message w/ pic, but that is kept a secret by Koodo.

QUESTION:

What were the old settings that had ip address starting w/ 74? That worked until Koodo fixed it to sell new phones.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone are you using? I assumed your phone wasn't on their MMS supported list?

Additionally, can you elaborate more on your workaround.from your description, honestly, I didn't know what is going on.

Which phone are you using? I assumed your phone wasn't on their MMS supported list?

Additionally, can you elaborate more on your workaround.from your description, honestly, I didn't know what is going on.

1. The phone is a Librem 5. It is 15 months old.
    So is my tenure with Koodo.
    Koodo announced that they were changing settings and if that bricks a p[hone, Koodo will sell me one. What kind of business plan does  that sound like to you?
  2. The phone worked - until Koodo wanted to force me to buy one of the spy-phones. Librem L5  respects their customers rights to privacy. The devices Koodo want me to buy are not phones, they are stalkers. 
  3. After Koodo offered customers the option to buy their phones or pound sand, I was able to get the phone to send/receive tests WITH pics. But that was short lived and was presented again with the their super duper deal - buy one of their phones or go without.
  4. WORKAROUND:  was to revert back to the  original settings spotted here at Koodo. That page has been replaced but I remember it had a IP address starting with 74. I believe that that page settings are what worked for me. Not the new trick to sell, phones.

CAVEAT: If anyone reading this that goes to the L5 sales pitch site, it’s the Internet. Companies can say and advertise whatever they want - what ever way they want. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I had no comments on Librem. If someone told me their phone wasn’t tracked, that’s their words, not government spyware or any advertisement company.

Anyway, I saw your post 1 and 2 month ago. I haven’t seen any new development on Koodo MMS since then.

If you are looking for old MMSC, here it is

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80