Koodo Community
Solved

SPAM email by text message (phonenumber)@msg.koodomobile.com

• 14 September 2022
  • 15 replies

Since a month or 2, I keep receiving almost 3-4 times a week a spam email by message text.

But the address use to contact me is:  (myphonenumber)@msg.koodomobile.com, and those fraud guy keep having different email to send me this: 

“Votre plan NetfIix associer  au (myPhoneNumber) a été bloqué en raison d'un erreur de paiement. Veuillez confirmé vos données personelle.https://is.gd/coc1s8y8v”(do not click on it!)

With a link that I never click on. I am so tired of receiving this, I keep reporting it to 7726 and even Netflix, but it never stops!

example of those fraud email: 24kushad@reeds.surrey.sch.uk. or ti@hidromasbrasil.com

And I put on my Iphone the option to filter to block call and unknown senders text, but because it is send by email, my phone do not recognize it and filter it. I keep blocking the email adresse, but they use different one each time.

I would be so thankful to anyone who could help me and without changing my phone number.

(sorry for my not so good english)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 28 December 2022, 00:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’tt think changing your number will help. They send this to numbers thousands at a time. I’ll flag a rep to see about it though. I’m seeing some other people recently say they are getting messages from this. It’s an old system cell phone companies used to send texts to people with email. It isn’t supposed to work anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chaliang 

We have the option to disable the ability to receive text messages from email and web application, however, this would block all messages sent to your number from email addresses.

Please let us know if you wish to have this option disabled.

I’ve also gotten two of these texts from emails in the last two months. Not as frequent as you but they’re still arriving. This is the second time I’ve reported the email to 7726. Sadly I accidentally typed the email into the same message that I received from the spam Texter. We’ll see what happens but I may just change my number. 

@Flo Koodo i’ve been getting these messages too and I never use the email to phone number service.  How do I get that turned off like you suggest?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Marlon5743 

We have sent you a PM so we can further assist, feel free to check the inbox section in your Koodo community profile.. 

@Flo Koodo i have also been getting these messages. They’re not frequent but I still get them. I received the last one two weeks ago. 

My husband and I have been getting them for months - sometimes 2 a day. Just got one in the middle of the night last night, which woke me up.

The messages always show:

778257xxxx@msg.koodomobile.com (my phone no.)

The second number is always changing.

I just looked up one of the 2nd numbers and it looks to be a legitimate phone number and most likely has been picked randomly or purposely by the scammer. 

I would like these messages to stop no matter what Koodo needs to do to stop them.

Attaching pics of msg from Monday.

I’m not even a Koodo plan member and I am getting these texts. Whoever had my number 4 years ago must have. 
these need to be blocked 

Hi… I’m curious as to why you ( Koodo ) are not posting how to disable this feature in this thread instead telling it in a pm. As a customer I would like to know all the hidden features or secrets one can or can’t do, thanks

Koodo Flo can you please share how to turn these spam emails off. I am having the same troubles

I am also receiving multiple texts like this. I am not a Koodo customer either. Can I somehow turn this off? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi… I’m curious as to why you ( Koodo ) are not posting how to disable this feature in this thread instead telling it in a pm. As a customer I would like to know all the hidden features or secrets one can or can’t do, thanks

When they ask to pm it’s because they need to verify the customer privately in order to assist them in turning it off. It’s not something the user can do, it’s something that a rep has to do on their end.

I am also receiving multiple texts like this. I am not a Koodo customer either. Can I somehow turn this off? 

If you aren’t a Koodo customer you would have to contact your carrier to see if there’s any way that they can block the messages on their side.

@Flo Koodo  Could you please also disable my ability to receive texts from email applications. I, too, have been constantly pestered by these texts from @msg.koodomobile.com (which I’ve blocked, so it always adds another email address as a way to get around having been blocked). I would really like to stop receiving these annoying messages, no matter what it takes. 

I get several spam texts like this every week

Your amazon service addressed to 4038743414 have been locked due to suspicious login attempt please confirm your personal information
https://tinyurl.com/ui26c7a88n

Hello! 

@Chaliang @amz_plays @cjmcquarrie 

We have removed the capability to receive SMS from all email addresses from your lines. Please restart your devices as this change should come into effect almost immediately. If you ever need to receive a text message from an email address, you’ll need to contact us to reactivate this feature. 

For anyone else who needs help with this, please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter, or start a new thread here on the Koodo Community and a rep will assist you ASAP.