Koodo Community
Question

SOS after turning off eSIM

• 21 February 2024
  • 6 replies

I just landed in Canada after visiting the US, where I used an eSIM from another company.  I turned off the eSIM when I landed and turned on the Koodo network.  My iPhone 15 Plus went into SOS and has stayed there – even after shutting off and rebooting the phone at least 5 times, resetting the network twice, and taking out the Koodo SIM card for 3 minutes and reinserting it, then restarting the phone, all suggestions I found online.  Nothing has taken my iPhone out of SOS.  Any ideas what to do?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you check your self serve, is your account in good standing?

Can you try your sim in another phone (working friend or family phone) and see if it works?

My account is in good standing; my next bill is due February 29th so I don’t need to pay it now.  I don’t feel comfortable putting the SIM card into my husband’s phone as I’m concerned that that might cause some confusion with each of our phone numbers.  Is that a reasonable concern?  If not, I’ll give it a try.

Update: I actually did put the SIM card into a different iPhone and it also shows SOS.

I also tried calling Koodo at 1-866-995-6636, but it wants to initiate a callback by texting me at my phone number, but my phone number isn’t working!  You can only text me through my iCloud email right now. This is maddening.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In that case it sounds like your sim card might be the issue.  Next expected solution is to get a new replacement sim and complete a sim swap on self serve

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

You are correct, Dennis; looks like my SIM card was corrupted somehow.  Unfortunately, waiting for a new SIM card could take over a week, so not the most elegant solution.  However, I managed to get a callback and was offered an eSIM, which I happily accepted and my phone is back to functioning normally, with no chance of damaging a physical card.  I am pleased, and I appreciate your help!