Koodo Community
Question

Someone is using my email from old account

• 8 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello everybody,

I have been an expat in Canada (Québec) until May 2022 and I’ve had a Koodo account until December 2021. I canceled my account shortly after.

Now, for some strange reason I started receiving e-mails at the same address I used to register on Koodo in the name of a fellow named Richard Lafontaine, who would have recently registered on Koodo. I keep getting newsletters, information about the service, the last email I received was an invoice for $152. Since I don't have any Canadian cards that I registered in the old account, it is virtually impossible for them to steal money from me. However, I wonder what is going on. Is an attempt at identity theft taking place? How is it possible that I am receiving emails to an address I deleted 10 months ago?
I need help as soon as possible, thank you

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello everybody,

I have been an expat in Canada (Québec) until May 2022 and I’ve had a Koodo account until December 2021. I canceled my account shortly after.

Now, for some strange reason I started receiving e-mails at the same address I used to register on Koodo in the name of a fellow named Richard Lafontaine, who would have recently registered on Koodo. I keep getting newsletters, information about the service, the last email I received was an invoice for $152. Since I don't have any Canadian cards that I registered in the old account, it is virtually impossible for them to steal money from me. However, I wonder what is going on. Is an attempt at identity theft taking place? How is it possible that I am receiving emails to an address I deleted 10 months ago?
I need help as soon as possible, thank you

Let me flag a Koodo rep to help you out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you saw someone used your email to register to Koodo, that person might enter the wrong email when he/she ordered service from Koodo. 

It this is the case, I think just let it be. Whoever made the mistake should realize it and fix themselves.

If you saw someone used your email to register to Koodo, that person might enter the wrong email when he/she ordered service from Koodo. 

It this is the case, I think just let it be. Whoever made the mistake should realize it and fix themselves.

Yeah but how did he get my mail?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They likely just entered in the wrong email.

If they meant to use something like alessandro82 but their finger slipped and they typed alessandro92 instead for example.

Theres no sort of verification for the email, you just type in which one you want to use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alessandro Barbetti 

Thanks for notifying us! 

Please send an email to our Privacy team: privacy@koodomobile.com, they will be able to further investigate the situation.