Koodo Community
Solved

SIM Network Unlock PIN

• 27 November 2022
  • 12 replies

Hello all,

I gave a family member my old Unlocked Samsung Galaxy A5 phone - they are receiving SIM Network Unlock PIN when powering on the phone with a different mobile provider SIM card inserted, Lucky SIM. 

I last used the phone with Koodo 2/3 years back. How do I get the PIN to unlock?

Thank you in advance. 

Jon

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 27 November 2022, 05:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Schedule a callback with a rep and they will be able to help you with that 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should be able to unlock the phone from within your Self Serve account. You will need the phone’s IMEI number. Dialling *#06# should display the IMEI number. Or it may be printed on a label under the battery (if this model has a removable battery). Please follow the instructions for unlocking your phone in the link below.

Unlocking your phone | Help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you still have an account with Koodo, you can unlock your phone in self serve.

If you no longer have an account, the easiest way is probably to seems Koodo a DM on Facebook or Twitter with the IMEI number. Expect some delay in their reply, they are swamped with Black Friday woes 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello all,

I gave a family member my old Unlocked Samsung Galaxy A5 phone - they are receiving SIM Network Unlock PIN when powering on the phone with a different mobile provider SIM card inserted, Lucky SIM. 

I last used the phone with Koodo 2/3 years back. How do I get the PIN to unlock?

Thank you in advance. 

Jon

It will take a long time to get a callback from a Koodo rep. Instead, you can reach out to Samsung to get an unlock code by online chat, texting “SUPPORT” to WECARE (932-273), calling them at 1-800-SAMSUNG, or sending them an email

How do you schedule a callback??

It happened with me today when I put the new sim card in a Samsung S7

😲

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It happened with me today when I put the new sim card in a Samsung S7

😲

Try MilkyWay’s recommendation. I had actually forgotten about that method.

How do you schedule a callback?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How do you schedule a callback?

For postpaid customers who receive a monthly bill, click on this link Koodo Assist . Follow the prompts and enter “schedule a callback” in the chat box.

For prepaid customers (pay-as-you-go - no monthly bill) click on this link Koodo Assist | Prepaid. Follow the prompts and enter “schedule a callback” in the chat box.

Hello all,

Thank you in advance. 

Jon

It will take a long time to get a callback from a Koodo rep. Instead, you can reach out to Samsung to get an unlock code by online chat, texting “SUPPORT” to WECARE (932-273), calling them at 1-800-SAMSUNG, or sending them an email

Thanks for the tip, I did this and they said I must contact Koodo for the PUK.

Any suggestions on how one can actually reach customer support?
I used an automated assistant that says I need to schedule a callback, I answered the questions to schedule a callback, then it says they’re too busy and cannot arrange one..every single time.

When did koodo customer support turn to absolute garbage? When is it acceptable to not be reachable for products and services paid for by customers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello all,

Thank you in advance. 

Jon

I’ve flagged a rep to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there! 

We have sent you a PM so we can further assist :)