Koodo Community
Question

Signal

• 4 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a Koodo Wireless Home Phone since 2016 using the ZTE WF721. Now lately the phone line keep getting disconnected while on the phone. We noticed the signal status bar goes to red or sometime 1 bar. We usually get 4 bars in the past. I have to turn the unit off and wait 10 sec to turn it back on and it will goes to 4 bars. I been doing this quite frequently lately. Why is your signal keep dropping?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are there any other places within the house that you can get a better signal? Usually in a window works best when struggling with reception.

Thanks. Yesterday I placed the unit on the window ledge with antenna touch the glass pane. I am now getting better signal. After five years on the same previous spot, I guess Koodo is loosing signal or maybe the unit must be wearing out. I see they have a new unit with 2 antenna. Might have to try that one in the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks. Yesterday I placed the unit on the window ledge with antenna touch the glass pane. I am now getting better signal. After five years on the same previous spot, I guess Koodo is loosing signal or maybe the unit must be wearing out. I see they have a new unit with 2 antenna. Might have to try that one in the future.

Could be the unit going or just changes in the terrain around your area. Things like trees growing, or new developments between you and the closest tower can cause the signal to go down.