Koodo Community
Question

Service in Lawrencetown Nova Scotia sucks

• 22 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Anyone else having phone service problems in Lawrencetown Nova Scotia? I have been with koodoo for more than 15 years. Service in my area is getting so bad I can't call out most of the time. When I can the call sometimes drops. Hard to run a business with this kind of service. The company doesn't care, if you call them you have to wait forever to talk to some Indian that you can't understand or just reads from a script. None of the other carriers are any better. I will say that Koodoo bills are what they should be every month. Never had an issue with that. Not sure what I can do but it's frustrating to say the least. Might be time to close the business down and go completely off grid. Tired of fighting with corporations that simply want your money and pretend to care when they don't.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was the issue only happening indoor or outdoor? Which phone are you using? 
As well, is eveone around you in the same area having similar issue?

Don't know about the neighbours but my wife has been having problems but my Motorola Ace phone is worse. Can't call out. Maybe it is the sim card. I don't know but it is annoying.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you thought about setting up wi-fi calling on your phone to resolved the dodgy coverage? 

I tried that. But we had no internet due to Bell stupid internet contractor disconnected us for a couple of days. I have just tried another provider and the same thing. But at least I can call out. The data is the biggest problem. Too much bad weather these days causing all kinds of problems. Guess I will concentrate building a rocket and move to mars. Lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I tried that. But we had no internet due to Bell stupid internet contractor disconnected us for a couple of days. I have just tried another provider and the same thing. But at least I can call out. The data is the biggest problem. Too much bad weather these days causing all kinds of problems. Guess I will concentrate building a rocket and move to mars. Lol

Have you followed up with your friends and family on the Telus and Koodo network in the local area to see if they are experiencing the same issues?

It's their network.  Nothing else, just live in a bad place for cell service. Nothing I can do. Rogers and Bell signal is the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's their network.  Nothing else, just live in a bad place for cell service. Nothing I can do. Rogers and Bell signal is the same.

That is tough. @Robert T provided the best solution to your issue. Hopefully, you will regain Internet access as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you may want to send a message to a rep on Facebook Messenger or Twitter and provide some feedback about the poor coverage in your area. https://m.me/Koodo 

I may try that. Also have a booster antenna here that may have to be upgraded.